On cooking and eating in Renton, WA.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Busy today...

Today I started making Yogurt, Creame Brulie and Granola.

The Yogurt and Creame Brulie are all day recipies. I'm half way through them now. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Yogurt... 4 cups milk, 2 tbsp honey, half cup powdered milk. Heat to 120. Cut off heat. When it's cooled to 115 or below, add one container yogurt with active cultures. Wrap in a heating pad and wait six hours.

Creame Brulie. Joy of Cooking's recipie with the 3 whole egg option. In the oven it took two and a half hours to set. The recipie says ninty minutes. I have to be extra careful with water baths-- remember the water will rise as you add the creme containers to it.

Granola. 8 cups of oats, half a cup canola oil, 2/3 cup honey mized with random nuts and grains until it looked right. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes, stiring every 15 minutes. I never follow a strict recipie when I make granola.

No comments: